Saturday, April 4, 2009

Snacks 2

I think I've found some temporary snacks. First I went with those cottage cheese and fruit things. I liked it great. Spread on my dry as the Sahara ry crackers, it worked out. But when I went back to the store to get more (I had only bought one to test out)I found that one of them has something like 400 grams of sodium. What the...? So I was back to square one. I needed something with enough fat in it to not leave me hungry and just enough sweetness to satisfy that craving as well. I don't know if I mentioned it but, protein (meat protein) and/or fat are natural appetite suppressants. Not fat and high sugar though. A lot of sugar can make you thirsty and hungry. Note how if you drink soda on a scorching hot day, you're still thirsty. It's the sugar.

Anyway, I went with shredded sharp cheese. And I want to know why they can't make extra sharp shredded cheese? I want as much as bite in my cheese as I can get. With my rice crackers. Don't gag, they're okay. And I got cool whip and red apples. I skin the apples. Don't lecture me. If I force myself to eat that disgusting skin, I will give up eating apples because I hate it so much.

The apples are not overly sweet although they're still not my favorite. I cut one up and put a few tablespoons of cool whip on it. Just good enough to be a cheap partfait. Okay, partfait I think is usually yogurt, but whatever. It's a great treat. So I get my salty snack without overdoing it. One quarter cup of shredded cheese and about 16 rice crackers. And after that I have one medicum cut up apple with the cool whip on top. Yum, yum, yum.

I don't know how long this will last, but it's worked so far, and miraculously (can't you hear the choir singing) I was down 3 pounds this morning. I don't think it's the snacks, but I'm happy! Lol.

And my boo wrote me so my world is temporarily in complete harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment