Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On Writing

Last night I was reviewing my first works, the Urban Ladies series. It was supposed to be six in that series, two short stories each of three ladies. I haven't done the last one because a new mood struck me at the time, and all I wanted to do was get Loving Jiro written and released.

But as I re-read about Chelle, it struck me how raw she is, how she doesn't care what you say or do, she's who she is and will say whatever comes into her mind. She's like a perfect candidate for the Alpha werewolf. I loved re-reading her story. I was actually reading the second of her stories, Chelle Hunting. Lol. I was thinking of Good Will Hunting when I came up with that title. No connection or resemblance, so I don't know why.

The opening scene takes place in Wicky-Mart where she works. Yes, I was thinking of Wal-Mart when I wrote that, but on a smaller scale and cheesier. Haha. I would love to do longer works with this kind of heroine, except that I'm not this kind of person in real life, so it's a tough job keeping that attitude throughout, which is why I made it a short story in the first place and wrote in installments.

But don't fret if you like that kind of thing. I will finish that last installment if it kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment