Thursday, December 11, 2008

Boy oh boy. Kids!

So yesterday, my brother calls to chit chat. He hardly ever calls, and neither do I. We just don't have a lot to talk about. I think he waits until he has some story or something to share. I was right. He did.

His youngest child is finally old enough to "cook" in his opinion. At Thanksgiving this year someone, made this really soupy banana pudding (ew!) that my brother's daughter liked. So she wanted to make some, and my brother thought it was a good idea. Of course he buys pudding you have to cook rather than instant. So he goes back to the store to get instant and they make it together, etc.

Well a few days later, the taste for pudding hits again, and my niece decides she'll cook the pudding my brother bought the first time. The instructions called for cooking it all in a sauce pan. So when my brother comes walking in the kitchen, he finds his daughter earnestly making pudding in a frying pan. She said that's what she figured sauce pan meant. Lol. He said no matter how he scrubs that pan, every time he heats it up, he gets a whiff of pudding in the air.

Oh the joys of kids. At least I'll have an interesting story to put in a book some day. Gotta love real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment